Would you like to read more?Register for free to finish this article.Sign up now for the following benefits:Four FREE articles of your choice per monthBreaking news, comment and analysis from industry experts as it happensChoose from our portfolio of email newsletters To access this article REGISTER NOWWould you like print copies, app and digital replica access too? SUBSCRIBE for as little as £5 per week.
The €4.2bn media pension fund PNO said it lost 1.8 percentage points of its 4.5% return on investments due to a 50% interest hedge on its liablities, following rising interest rates last year. It closed 2013 with a funding just over the required minimum of 105% – meaning the scheme is still at risk, the board said in its annual report.It concluded that, as a result, indexation before 2017 was unlikely, with inflation compensation currently in arrears of 17.5%.With a yield of 13%, equity was PNO Media’s best performing asset class. The scheme chiefly attributed the under-performance of 0.8 percentage point to disappointing performance of investments in the Far East, as well an under-weight in Japanese equity, which performed well. In contrast to high returns of equity developed markets – European small caps delivered 37% – the media scheme incurred losses on investments in Latin America and Asia, following disappointed growth and a drop in local currencies.It reported a 2.7% loss on its fixed income investments – an out-performance of 1.1% – with the underlying portfolios showing mixed results.Dutch mortgages and credit generated 7.3% and 3.2% respectively. However, the pension fund lost 8% on its emerging markets bonds, while its investments in euro-denominated bonds delivered -5.9%, following rising interest rates, it said.Property investments – in non-listed residential and retail funds, chiefly in the Netherlands and other Western Europe – returned 0.6%.PNO Media further attributed the modest 1.5% yield of its infrastructure holdings to the addition of two new funds during their (expensive) start up phase.Private equity – in a joint portfolio with the €12.6bn railways scheme SPF – produced 6% last year, it said.PNO Media’s board indicated that it had decided to slightly decrease the strategic weighting of emerging market equity, property, private equity and credit, in favour of developed country equity, mortgages and government bonds.Last year, it reduced the pensions contribution from 19% to 17.6% of the salary, following lower pension costs, triggered by a decrease of the yearly pensions accrual as well as the rise of the official retirement age to 67.PNO Media reported administration costs of 220 euro per participant, and said it had spent 0.72% and 0.16% of its assets respectively on asset management and transactions.The pension fund has 15,610 active participants, 8,930 pensioners and 32,225 affiliated with 465 companies.
Manila – Over 1,000 healthcare workersin the country were positive for coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19), majorityof which were doctors, according to the Department of Health (DOH).Based on DOH’s data, 1,062 infected healthcare workers were positive for virus– 422 doctors, 386 nurses, 30 medical technologists, 21 radiologicaltechnologists, 51 nursing assistants and 152 other medical personnel such asadministrative staff and barangay health workers.From the total number of positive healthcare workers, 26 have succumbed toCOVID-19, including 19 doctors.Presidential spokesperson Harry Roque expressed alarm, citing recommendationsfrom Chinese experts to shorten the duty of medical frontliners.“Talagang nababahala ang gobyerno dahilkung magkakasakit sila, sinong mag-aalaga sa atin? Dadamihan natin ang PPE, hihigpitannatin ang protocol sa infectioncontrol,” Roque said in a media briefing on Thursday. For his part, Dr. Abdi Mahamud, WorldHealth Organization -Western Pacific Region COVID-19 Incident manager, said heis working with the DOH to find out if there is a possible shortage of personalprotective equipment causing this trend.The DOH maintained that it is following WHO-guided protocols on the use of PPE formedical frontliners. The agency is also working with local manufacturers onproducing more sets.The agency also assured that there are negative pressure isolation rooms inhospitals that prevent the spread of the virus./PN
According to police investigators, Pama was inside their house when the lighting hit her around 10 a.m. on May 3. ILOILO City – In Barangay East Valencia, Buenavista, Guimaras, a man was struck by lightning. William Pama, a resident of the village, sustained body injuries, a police report showed. He was brought to the Buenavista Emergency Hospital for medical treatment./PN
Loading… A recent report in Diario AS said United were prepared to offer €80m (£70m) for the player but they now say that half of his €150m release clause would be sufficient.Advertisement Promoted ContentBirds Enjoy Living In A Gallery Space Created For Them7 Black Hole Facts That Will Change Your View Of The UniverseEverything You Need To Know About Asteroid Armageddon5 Reasons Why The Black Widow Solo Movie Will Be AwesomeWhich Country Is The Most Romantic In The World?5 Of The World’s Most Unique Theme ParksBest & Worst Celebrity Endorsed Games Ever Made11 Most Immersive Game To Play On Your Table TopA Hurricane Can Be As Powerful As 10 Atomic BombsYou’ve Only Seen Such Colorful Hairdos In A Handful Of Anime6 Most Overpowered Live Action Disney Characters14 Hilarious Comics Made By Women You Need To Follow Right Now Read Also: Omeruo’s Leganes offer to buy ambulance for emergency servicesDiego Simeone wants to keep Saul at the Wanda Metropolitano, with the Argentine trying to maintain his first-team squad after a series of long-term players leaving the club this summer.Diego Godin, Antoine Griezmann, Filipe Luis, Rodri and Gabi Hernandez are all players who have exited the club in the past year.FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Barcelona will not enter the race to land Atletico de Madrid midfielder Saul Niguez despite holding a first refusal option. That is according to a report in El Mundo Deportivo, which states that the Blaugrana have ruled out any move for the Spain international amid interest in his signature from England. The midfielder has a long-term contract at Atleti until 2026 with a release clause of €150m (£136m), but the Red Devils are said to believe that this value is disproportionately high. With Paul Pogba likely to leave Old Trafford in the near future amid supposed interest from Real Madrid, United are looking to bolster their midfield options. A report in El Mundo Deportivo last month highlighted how the Spain international is represented by the Stellar Group, led by Jonathan Barnett, and which is very familiar with the English transfer market. The 25-year-old is said to be a long-term target in particular for United and his abilities are said to make him a prime transfer target for the club.
His defection now leaves the way clear for Rubiales to gain a second mandate in the election scheduled for August 17. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Promoted Content13 kids at weddings who just don’t give a hootPlus-Size Girls Who Set The Catwalk On Fire2020 Tattoo Trends: Here’s What You’ll See This YearThe 10 Best Secondary Education Systems In The WorldBirds Enjoy Living In A Gallery Space Created For ThemTop 10 Tiniest Phones Ever MadeThe Models Of Paintings Whom The Artists Were Madly In Love WithWhich Country Is The Most Romantic In The World?Top 10 Most Populated Cities In The WorldCouples Who Celebrated Their Union In A Unique, Unforgettable WayPretty Awesome Shows That Just Got Canceled8 Weird Facts About Coffee That Will Surprise You Read Also: UEFA set to decide on way forward for suspended Champions League Casillas played 167 times for Spain, also winning two Euros in 2008 and 2012, and made more than 700 appearances for Real Madrid, with whom he won five La Liga titles and the Champions League three times, before joining Porto in 2015. Named in the FIFA FIFPro World XI five years in a row between 2008 and 2012 he suffered a heart attack in May 2019 during training and has not played another competitive match since. Loading… Spain’s World Cup-winning captain Iker Casillas announced on Monday he was ending his bid to run for the presidency of the Spanish Football Federation (RFEF) due to the crisis caused by the coronavirus pandemic. Iker Casillas has decided against contesting the RFEF election “I would like to inform you that I have decided not to run for the upcoming RFEF elections,” the Porto goalkeeper wrote on social media. The 39-year-old said he was pulling out of the race for the top job in Spanish football as a result of the “exceptional social, economic and health situation that our country is suffering”. He said the COVID-19 outbreak which has claimed over 27,000 victims in the country had relegated the election into “second place”. Casillas, who led Spain to their first World Cup title in 2010, had announced his intention to stand against current RFEF president Luis Rubiales back in February.Advertisement
Read Also: Maduka Okoye begins training with Sparta Rotterdam The round up on Sunday also features Juventus looking to underline their dominance with a home win over Sampdoria and a potential thriller between Roma and Fiorentina at Stadio Olimpico – the teams’ last three meetings across all competitions have produced 17 goals. The match will air live at 8:45pm on DStv SuperSport 9 and on GOtv SuperSport Select 5. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 DStv and GOtv subscribers can look forward to a thrilling weekend of European football action, as SuperSport broadcasts live action from the Premier League and Serie A from tomorrow through Sunday. The weekend action in the EPL is headlined by the clash between Leicester City and Manchester United at the King Power Stadium on Sunday in a deciding England’s representatives in next season’s UEFA Champions League. In the meantime, Chelsea’s home clash at home against Wolverhampton Wanderers will air live at 4pm on DStv SuperSport 4 and GOtv SuperSport Select 2 Elsewhere, the pick of Serie A matches this weekend is the clash between Milan and Atalanta at the iconic San Siro tomorrow. Elsewhere, the Rossoneri are in a scrap to finish in the top six and qualify for next season’s UEFA Europa League, while Atalanta – the great entertainers of Italian football in recent times – are already safe in the knowledge that they will return to the UEFA Champions League next term. The match will air live at 8:45pm on DStv SuperSport 9 and GOtv SuperSport Select 5.Advertisement Promoted ContentA Hurricane Can Be As Powerful As 10 Atomic BombsWho Earns More Than Ronaldo?7 Things That Actually Ruin Your PhoneThe Very Last Bitcoin Will Be Mined Around 2140. Read More7 Ways To Understand Your Girlfriend BetterBirds Enjoy Living In A Gallery Space Created For ThemWhich Country Is The Most Romantic In The World?10 Risky Jobs Some Women Do5 Of The World’s Most Unique Theme ParksMost Outstanding Female Racers Who Made History In SportsBest Car Manufacturers In The WorldCouples Who Celebrated Their Union In A Unique, Unforgettable Way Fans of African football will keep a keen eye out for the clash of Napoli and Sassuolo at Stadio San Paolo on Saturday 25. The match which will air at 8:45pm on DStv SuperSport 9 and on GOtv SuperSport Select 5, will see Senegalese defender Kalidou Koulibaly come up against exciting Ivorian forward Jeremie Boga. Loading…
New Point, In. — Indiana State Police are investigating a semi fire at the New Point exit of I-74. No injuries are known at this time and no damage estimate is available.
Batesville, IN—Kids Discovery Factory and Hillenbrand Inc. are excited to announce the renewal of a two-year STEAM Camp Title Sponsor Agreement. Hillenbrand will serve as the Title Sponsor for the 2020 and 2021 Kids Discovery Factory STEAM Camps. Hillenbrand’s generosity will support exciting hands-on science, technology, engineering, art and mathematics experiences for regional students in kindergarten through 6th grade. More than 800 students from 13 southeastern Indiana communities have attended previous Kids Discovery Factory STEAM camps. The 2020 STEAM Camp will take place July 13-16 in Batesville.
Police identified the disgruntled employee who opened fire and killed 12 people in Virginia Beach on Friday, as 40-year-old DeWayne Craddock.Craddock who was killed after exchanging gunfire with police worked for the city as a certified professional engineer.Craddock had made multiple firearm purchases in recent weeks.He used a handgun and rifle that were legally purchased, according to officials.Additionally, the .45 caliber handgun had a suppressor on it, police said.This story is developing.