UFC: Trilogy bout with Nate Diaz should happen at 155 lbs, McGregor insists

first_imgBut if Diaz is indeed interested in a trilogy bout, McGregor insists that it has to be in the 155-lb. division, which the Irish superstar currently lords over.“I’m the 155-pound champion, I faced him at 170, he beat me, then I rematched him at 170, I beat him,” he was quoted as saying in a BBC News report. “Now I’m the 155-pound world champion. If he wants that fight, he must come down”.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSWATCH: Drones light up sky in final leg of SEA Games torch runSPORTSSEA Games: Philippines picks up 1st win in men’s water poloSPORTSMalditas save PH from shutoutAfter fighting above his weight class for their first two matches, “The Notorious” believes it’s only natural that the third match take place under his stipulations.“That’s a fair trade. I didn’t ask for the rematch at a lower weight, I asked for the rematch at the exact same weight,” he explained. “I thought that was a fair play move on my half and then I came in and I won. So now I won that, then I won the 155-pound title after that. If he wants to fight, he’s got to make that 155-pound limit.” Brace for potentially devastating typhoon approaching PH – NDRRMC UPLB exempted from SEA Games class suspension Typhoon Kammuri accelerates, gains strength en route to PH #KicksStalker: Jordan’s second shoe gets new life UFC: McGregor set for Nurmagomedov showdown PLAY LIST 01:52UFC: McGregor set for Nurmagomedov showdown00:50Trending Articles00:50Trending Articles01:37Protesters burn down Iran consulate in Najaf01:47Panelo casts doubts on Robredo’s drug war ‘discoveries’01:29Police teams find crossbows, bows in HK university01:35Panelo suggests discounted SEA Games tickets for students02:49Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games LATEST STORIES Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. SEA Games in Calabarzon safe, secure – Solcom chief WATCH: Streetboys show off slick dance moves in Vhong Navarro’s weddingcenter_img Meanwhile, McGregor is expected to take some time off fighting after competing in the biggest fight of his life against undefeated boxing legend Floyd Mayweather Jr.He also made it clear that he is open to taking another boxing match if the right fight comes along.  Khristian Ibarrola /raRELATED STORIES:Olympic medalist Michael Phelps challenges Conor McGregor to swimming raceLOOK: McGregor congratulates Mayweather, says he has ‘strong tools’ for MMAADVERTISEMENT Kammuri turning to super typhoon less likely but possible — Pagasa View comments Read Next UFC fighters Nate Diaz (left) and Conor McGregor. AP File photoNow that Conor McGregor’s tenure inside the boxing ring has passed, it’s time to get back to the UFC and settle some unfinished business inside the octagon.Perhaps high on the UFC Lightweight Champion’s list is a grudge match against Nate Diaz, whom he engaged in two thrilling welterweight bouts last year.ADVERTISEMENT MOST READ LOOK: Venues for 2019 SEA Games Catriona Gray spends Thanksgiving by preparing meals for people with illnesseslast_img read more

a month agoNuno disappointed with Wolves wastefulness for Braga defeat

first_imgNuno disappointed with Wolves wastefulness for Braga defeatby Paul Vegasa month agoSend to a friendShare the loveNuno was disappointed in Wolves’ wastefulness in the 1-0 loss to Braga on Thursday night.Patrick Cutrone, Ruben Neves and Willy Boly all had chances to opening the scoring for the hosts, but it was ultimately Ricardo Horta’s 72nd-minute strike that sealed a win for the Portuguese club.”We are all disappointed. It was a tough game, but I think we did enough,” Nuno said.”We did not perform perfectly, but we created many chances.”Braga had one chance, were very organised, and they scored.”That is the story of the game.”The boys worked hard, but that is football.” About the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your saylast_img

Former Rutgers QB Ryan Hart Calls Out Kyle Flood’s Decision To Switch Quarterbacks At Halftime

first_imgRutgers is in control of its season opener today, leading FCS Norfolk State 42-13 in the third quarter in Piscataway. It’s been a rough week for the Scarlet Knights, with five players arrested and later dismissed, and four more players suspended for the first half of today’s game. One of the players punished for the first half was quarterback Chris Laviano, who spent the entire off-season in a battle for the starting job with LSU transfer Hayden Rettig. Laviano’s suspension, for breaking curfew and using a fake ID, made Rutgers head coach Kyle Flood’s decision easy, as Rettig started this afternoon and played well in the first half. He completed 9-of-11 passes for 110 yards and a touchdown and rushed for another score. Somewhat surprisingly, Flood elected to begin the second half with Laviano under center. It’s a choice that seems to indicate Laviano originally won the competition and Rettig only started because of circumstance. Or maybe Flood just wanted give both guys a shot. Whatever the reasoning, former Rutgers quarterback Ryan Hart was not happy with the move.  hart tweetsTwitter/ @RyanHart13Hart played for the Scarlet Knights from 2002-05. During his senior season, Flood was an assistant under Greg Schiano. He subsequently tweeted that he still supported the embattled coach despite the decision, but he clearly did not approve of it.For what it’s worth, Laviano has connected with wide receiver Leonte Carroo for a pair of third-quarter touchdowns. Looks like there could be a QB controversy in New Jersey.last_img read more

Employment rate is a better indicator The Fraser Institute

first_imgAn economic think tank says it’s time to update how employment is measured in Canada. The Fraser Institute believes the unemployment rate doesn’t truly reflect how the economy is producing jobs. It states that too many people are leaving the workforce due to retirement, or to go back to school, and such changes are throwing off the jobless numbers.The think tank suggests the employment rate is a better way to evaluate how the economy is producing jobs as it measures the over all percentage of people working, not just those actively participating in the workforce.last_img

RCMP present rural crime stats to PRRD Board

first_imgDAWSON CREEK, B.C. — Members from the RCMP detachments in Fort St. John, Dawson Creek, Chetwynd, and Tumbler Ridge gave presentations to the Peace River Regional District Board outlining regional crime statistics from last year.Speaking first, Fort St. John detachment commander Insp. Mike Kurvers said that officers had seen an overall decrease in service calls in the rural area, from 3,246 in 2016 to 3,200 last year. He said that overall, most types of crime had decreased, while others increased slightly.Insp. Kurvers said that rural arsons dropped significantly last year compared to the year prior, from 21 to six. Property crime and violent crime saw substantial decreases year-over-year with the exception of sex offences. Those increased from seven to 22 in the past year. The number of vehicle thefts, drug-related offences, and impaired drivers also increased from 2016 to 2017. Dawson Creek’s acting detachment commander Sgt. Mike Richard said that rural calls in the South Peace have increased 33 percent compared to 2016, with police being called out 1,917 times last year.  Sgt. Richard said that vehicle thefts were a big problem in 2017, with an average of 15 to 17 vehicles being stolen every month. He did attribute at least part of that to a large chop-shop operation in Doe River, north of Rolla, which was shut down by police last year.Sgt. Scott Hromadnik said that the Chetwynd RCMP had a busy 2017, which he attributed to an uptick in oil and gas industry activity near his community. Sgt. Hromadnik also said that his detachment has been focusing recently on traffic enforcement, as roads in the Chetwynd area claimed seven lives last fiscal year.last_img read more

To make police stations spacious and clean cops shift over 6000 vehicles

first_imgNew Delhi: In a bid to maintain cleanliness inside and outside police stations in the city, the Delhi Police had shifted more than 6,000 vehicles, which comes under case properties, lying in the police stations to different auto ponds/centralised malkhanas. Sources said that under the process, possibilities are there that more than 40,000 vehicles likely to be removed soon.Police sources told Millennium Post that in his crime review meetings, the Delhi Police Commissioner has taken stocks from districts and units DCPs regarding the shifting of vehicles. Also Read – After eight years, businessman arrested for kidnap & murder”In a recent meeting which held in police headquarters, the police chief reviewed the update on the progress of shifting vehicles in different districts and units,” sources said. They further added that as many as 6,233 vehicles were shifted to auto pounds where the confiscated, recovered vehicles are kept with proper details of the case in which they were involved. The facility of a auto ponds is only to decongest police station. Sources further added that one of the districts shifted 1,117 vehicles whereas two districts separately moved more than 600 vehicles. Rest of the districts shifted over 3,000 vehicles. Two units of Railways and Special Cell shifted as many as 71 vehicles. Also Read – Two brothers held for snatchingsSources further revealed that there are possibilities of having 41,543 vehicles that might be shifted to auto ponds. A senior police officer said that bigger case properties such as vehicles, equipment and furniture are sometimes damaged by weather. “Also during the rainy season, the water gets collected in the vehicles and became breeding ground for mosquitoes. Through shifting, cleanliness will be there in the police stations,” added the officer. Another officer said that it will also make the police stations beautiful and spacious. Apart from all the city, police also inaugurated e-Malkhana in which the case property has been given a proper identity packed in a cover with a barcode in it. “Details of the case property are first entered into the software, followed by uploading of its photograph. The case property is packed in a cardboard box to prevent damage, and a unique barcode is generated which is pasted on the box,” said police.last_img read more

Raekwon McMillan helps register voters through fraternity

OSU junior linebacker Raekwon McMillan (5) dances towards the crowd after the Buckeye defense stops the Nebraska offense on their own two-yard line during the first half of the game on Nov. 5. The Buckeyes won 62-3. Credit: Alexa Mavrogianis | Photo EditorRaekwon McMillan came to Ohio State as one of the most highly rated recruits in the 2014 class. Like any other freshman, McMillan, a Georgia native, was getting acclimated with classes, new teammates and a new scenery. Two years later, McMillan is the face of the OSU defense, the Silver Bullets, and figures to be the next in the lineage of OSU linebackers in the NFL.The junior middle linebacker has been the soul of the defense for the Buckeyes, but also this fall, he began to exercise his political freedom. McMillan became involved in voter registration in central Ohio for the 2016 election season as a member of the Ohio State chapter of Omega Psi Phi fraternity.“We had a program of voter registration and really just spread the word, mostly to the African-American people throughout central Columbus,” McMillan said. “That’s what we try to focus on, but we just want to build awareness and teach what this election is about, what each candidate stands for.”Omega Psi Phi is a historically African-American Greek life organization that is governed by the National Pan-Hellenic Council. Redshirt sophomore safety Damon Webb also is a member.McMillan joined the fraternity after his sophomore year. At first, he said he never really saw himself as a fraternity member, however he began to look more into the extracurriculars, which drew him to Omega Psi Phi. McMillan said that, before the 2016 election cycle, he never really into politics, but began to pay more attention to it as the presidential campaign intensified. As an “Omega man,” McMillan felt like it was his duty to encourage others to take political action in an unprecedented election.OSU coach Urban Meyer hosted Patriot Week throughout the Memorial Day weekend this past spring, bringing in several guest lecturers to talk to the team about their responsibilities as Americans — voting being one of them. On Monday, Meyer expressed how important it is to him that his team understands the civic duties each individual has, and said he hopes each of his players votes on Tuesday. McMillan, along with redshirt junior quarterback J.T. Barrett, said they will vote on Tuesday.“It’s something that’s going to impact us not only here in Columbus but also around the country,” McMillan said. “So we want everybody to have awareness to what’s going on around us because you’re exercising your political rights.”Webb said McMillan’s activism in Omega Psi Phi has a direct correlation with the linebacker’s ability to persevere in intense situations and uplift his teammates. Webb added that the leadership traits McMillan are not confined to the gridiron.“I would definitely say he’s gotten better. He’s always been a leadership-type dude, so even outside of the football field — our fraternity brothers, he brought leadership to them,” Webb said. “It’s like a brotherhood outside of the locker room … we build a bond that is unbreakable.” read more

Former Ohio State football players one step closer to NFL after draft

Senior running back Carlos Hyde (34) walks of the field during a game against Illinois Nov. 16 at Memorial Stadium. OSU won, 60-35.Credit: Ritika Shah / Asst. photo editorLives have changed  forever for 256 players as they were selected in the 2014 NFL Draft.Six of those players are former Ohio State Buckeyes.The first former Buckeye taken off the board was linebacker Ryan Shazier, who was selected 15th overall by the Pittsburgh Steelers in the first round Thursday night. He became the ninth former OSU linebacker and 68th Buckeye ever taken in the first round.Shazier, who was a first-team Associated Press All-American in his final season at OSU, totaled a Big Ten conference-high with 143 tackles to go along with six sacks.Cornerback Bradley Roby, who joined Shazier as one of 30 prospects invited to New York for the draft, was selected by the Denver Broncos with the 31st overall pick in the first round.Roby became the first OSU defensive back taken in the first round of the draft since Malcolm Jenkins was selected by the New Orleans Saints with the 14th overall pick in 2009.The Broncos, who dropped Super Bowl XLVIII 43-8 to the Seattle Seahawks on Feb. 2, have since bolstered their secondary by not only drafting Roby, but also signing former New England Patriots cornerback Aqib Talib to a six-year, $57 million contract in March.Just as they did in the first round, the Buckeyes produced two picks in the second round, as running back Carlos Hyde and offensive lineman Jack Mewhort came off the board.Hyde was selected 57th overall by the San Francisco 49ers, who are coached by former University of Michigan quarterback Jim Harbaugh.The former Buckeye running back became the first 1,000-yard rusher under OSU coach Urban Meyer and was named the Big Ten Ameche-Dayne Running Back of the Year in 2013. Hyde finished his senior campaign with 1,521 yards and 15 touchdowns on the ground.Mewhort was selected just two picks later with the 59th overall pick by the Indianapolis Colts.The selection of Mewhort marked the third straight year that an OSU tackle has been selected in the draft, following in the footsteps of Reid Fragel – drafted by the Cincinnati Bengals in 2013 – and Mike Adams, who the Pittsburgh Steelers selected in 2012.Mewhort was a three-year starter in his time as a Buckeye and was named a first-team All-American by ESPN.com during his senior season in 2013.Another Buckeye was not taken until the fifth round when center Corey Linsley was selected 161st overall by the Green Bay Packers.Linsley anchored an offensive line that ranked fifth nationally in 2013 in rushing, averaging 308.6 yards per game and breaking school records for points in a single season with 637, as well as touchdowns scored with 87.Linsley graduated from OSU with a degree in economics in December.Rounding out the former Buckeyes selected in the 2014 draft was safety Christian Bryant, who was selected 241st overall in the seventh round by the St. Louis Rams.Bryant, who was named a team captain prior to the 2013 season, suffered a season-ending ankle injury during the fifth game of the year against Wisconsin Sept. 28., a game won by OSU 31-24. At the time of the injury, Bryant ranked third on the team in tackles with 22.Bryant, who was a three-year starter for the Buckeyes, finished his OSU career with 171 total tackles to go along with two interceptions, 23 pass breakups and three forced fumbles.The Buckeye safety petitioned the NCAA for a medical redshirt in January, but was turned down and entered the draft.Although six Buckeyes were drafted to NFL rosters, several draft-eligible players were not selected during the draft.According to multiple reports, many of the former Buckeyes not drafted have found homes in free agency.Some of the players signing in free agency took to Twitter to announce their new teams, one of them being wide receiver Corey “Philly” Brown who announced his signing with the Carolina Panthers saying, “Here I come Carolina,” via his personal account @phillybrown10. Reportedly joining him in Carolina will be offensive lineman Andrew Norwell.Offensive lineman Marcus Hall confirmed with  The Lantern Sunday in an email that he has signed with the Indianapolis Colts, which reunites him with Mewhort.  Safety C.J. Barnett’s signing with the New York Giants was confirmed via Twitter by his signing agency IFA.Kicker Drew Basil also took to Twitter late Saturday night announcing he has signed with the Atlanta Falcons. Wide receiver Chris Fields also used social media to announce an agreement with the Washington Redskins.Running back Jordan Hall has earned a tryout with the Steelers according to multiple reports and quarterback Kenny Guiton remains unsigned as of Sunday morning. read more

Football 2019 wide receiver Jameson Williams commits to Ohio State

Ohio State added the second wide receiver to its 2019 recruiting class Friday as four-star receiver Jameson Williams committed to the Buckeyes. Williams is the No. 24 wide receiver in the 2019 recruiting class and is the No. 2 recruit in the state of Missouri according to the 247Sports composite rankings, coming from Cardinal Ritter College Prep in St. Louis. Williams will join five-star 2019 recruit Garrett Wilson, the No. 2 receiver in the class, in Ohio State’s recruiting class. With Williams being commitment No. 15 for the Buckeyes, Ohio State, according to 247Sports, has the second-best recruiting class in the Big Ten and the No. 15 2019 recruiting class in the country. Williams is one of 10 four-star recruits in Ohio State’s 2019 class, joining Wilson and offensive lineman Harry Miller, the two five-star 2019 recruits. read more