Snow Volleyball Earns No. 4 Seed At National Tournament

first_img FacebookTwitterLinkedInEmailHUTCHINSON, Kan.-After posting a record 32 wins this season and winning the Region XVIII Tournament and Rocky Mountain District Title, the Snow College women’s volleyball team will enter next week’s NJCAA National Championship Volleyball Tournament as the No. 4 seed.The Badgers will take on the No. 13 seed from Northeastern Junior College of Sterling, Colo.The two teams met earlier in the season, with Snow picking up a hard-fought, 3-0, victory. The first round match-up will be played on Thursday, Nov. 21, beginning at 3 p.m.This season marks the second straight trip for the Badgers to the National Championship tournament. Last season, Snow entered the tournament for the first time in 38 years, and took on a tough Seward County team as the No. 11 seed.2019 Season Superlatives:• Most wins in school history (32)• Highest single-season winning percentage (.941)• Undefeated conference season (10-0)• 12-0 Record against region opponents• First conference team to go undefeated since 2013• Second Conference title in three seasons• First outright conference title since 1986• First-ever Region XVIII Title• First-ever Rocky Mountain District Title• First back-to-back trips to NJCAA National Tournament in school history• Highest seeding at NJCAA National Tournament in school history (No. 4)• Current 21-game win streak• Region XVIII Player of the Year + 6 all-region selections• Region XVIII Tourney MVP + 4 all-tournament selections• 10-2 against nationally ranked opponents• 3-1 against teams in the NJCAA Tournament• 6-0 vs. in-state (Utah) teams• No. 5 Final NJCAA National Ranking — highest in school history• Ranked in the top-20 for 38 consecutive weeks• Ranked in the top-10 for 34 of the past 38 weeks Written by Tags: Snow Volleyball Brad James November 13, 2019 /Sports News – Local Snow Volleyball Earns No. 4 Seed At National Tournamentlast_img read more

The Latest: Memphis golf scraps plans to have fans

first_img July 9, 2020 Associated Press Officials announced Thursday that the FedEx St. Jude Invitational at TPC Southwind will not have any spectators due to what they call “an abundance of caution.” Tournament officials have been talking extensively with both the PGA Tour and local and state health officials. Executive director Darrell Smith says they had a safety plan for limited spectators but ultimately felt it was best to host without any fans. Ticket purchases will be refunded automatically.The PGA Tour and the Memorial announced Monday a reversal of their plan for a limited amount of spectators next week in Dublin, Ohio, because of the COVID-19 pandemic. This means that every PGA Tour event through at least July will be held without fans since play resumed June 11 in Texas.___The Atlantic Coast Conference is putting fall competitions on hold until at least Sept. 1 due to the coronavirus pandemic, a move that won’t affect football as of now. The Latest: Memphis golf scraps plans to have fans Share This StoryFacebookTwitteremailPrintLinkedinRedditWhatsappThe Latest on the effects of the coronavirus outbreak on sports around the world:___The plan to have fans at the World Golf Championships event in Memphis has been scrapped.center_img The league announced the decision Thursday impacting non-revenue sports such as soccer, volleyball, field hockey and cross country. North Carolina State and Louisville meet on Sept. 2 in the first football game involving any league teams.Schools won’t be able to hold exhibitions or regular-season competition before that date, and it will be up to the schools to determine whether to reschedule any affected events. But the ACC isn’t barring teams from holding workouts and preseason practices “in anticipation of a fall season.”___Real Madrid coach Zinedine Zidane says forward Vinícius Júnior will need to have another coronavirus test after an initial test result came out “wrong.”Zidane says “the doctor informed me that the test had come out wrong and we were going to repeat it.” Zidane says the Brazilian’s test was not positive. He says “sometimes there are errors. It wasn’t negative or positive.”Spanish league players have undergone regular testing since the competition resumed last month.Some players and staff members at Valencia and Alavés tested positive in March. They have all recovered. No player has tested positive since the competition resumed in empty stadiums.Madrid leads the Spanish league with four games left.___ More AP sports: https://apnews.com/apf-sports and https://twitter.com/AP_Sportslast_img read more

ICC discussing fate of World Test Championship with members

first_imgBy Sudipto GangulyMUMBAI (Reuters) – The fate of the inaugural World Test Championship (WTC) will depend on the ability of countries to reschedule the series that have been postponed due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the International Cricket Council said on Monday.With several bilateral series being wiped out, doubts remain over whether the WTC final between the top two sides could be held as scheduled in June next year at Lord’s.“We are currently in discussion with members in what their plans are around rescheduling their queue,” Geoff Allardice, ICC general manager – cricket operations, said on a video call.“Obviously there are teams which have rescheduled them as quickly as possible and depending on how many of them could be rescheduled within the available time window, that will give us a better view on the most appropriate timing for the final. “But at this stage the final is scheduled for June 2021. But we are working with the members on that, to understand their rescheduling of the series that are postponed already.”The nine top-ranked sides are scheduled play three series each at home and away to determine the finalists with India leading the table currently, followed by Australia.Earlier on Monday, the ICC said the three-match series between England and Ireland beginning on Thursday will kick off the inaugural Super League, which will determine who qualifies for the 2023 World Cup in India. England were also the first to host international cricket after a 117-day shutdown when a three-test series against West Indies began in bio-secure conditions in Southampton earlier this month.Allardice said the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) had done a “fantastic” job in the resumption of international cricket and safety remains the priority with the situation regarding the new coronavirus differing from country to country.“The measures that you might need to resume international cricket in New Zealand, for example, might be very different to what the ECB has put in place,” he said. Allardice added that the ICC was not currently looking beyond test, 50-overs and Twenty20 formats to spread the game.last_img read more