Share Share Hon. Reginald AustrieMinister responsible for water resource management Reginald Austrie has announced that Dominica has made significant progress in bringing potable drinking water to most households in the country.He told the official signing ceremony of lot one of the West Coast Water Supply Project earlier this week, that his government is committed to ensuring that every household has “this needed commodity”.“One week ago we celebrated World Water Day which emphasized the importance to universal access to water as we seek to end farming, droughts and political stability,” he said.According to Austrie, over 780 million people do not have access to proper drinking water and more that 2.5 billion people are still without adequate sanitation.He also added that over thousands of children under the age of 5 die every day from diseases associated with lack of access to drinking water.“To some people it still remains a distance dream. The lack of clean water is a great human tragedy and safe drinking water are requisites for reducing child and maternal mortality and combating diseases and in Dominica we have made significant progress,” he added.He said over the last years over 15 million dollars was spent in making portable waster accessible to several communities.“All this is happening at a time when resources are scarce,” he added.Dominica Vibes News Share 15 Views no discussions Tweet LocalNews Dominica government committed to providing water in every household by: – March 30, 2012 Sharing is caring!
Promoted Content6 Incredibly Strange Facts About HurricanesThe Highest Paid Football Players In The World8 Addictive And Fun Coffee Facts10 Risky Jobs Some Women DoWho’s The Best Car Manufacturer Of All Time?10 Awesome TV Series That Got Cancelled Way Too SoonBest & Worst Celebrity Endorsed Games Ever Made20 “The Big Bang Theory” Moments Only A Few Fans Knew About7 Facts About Black Holes That Will Blow Your MindDid You Know There’s A Black Hole In The Milky Way?9 Facts You Should Know Before Getting A TattooIt Looks Like An Ordinary Doughnut, But It Glows In The Dark! The Spanish tactician spent just eight months in charge of Los Blancos following his appointment in 2015, a run of 25 games of which he won 17, drew five and lost three times.During his time with the European giants, Benitez was said to have encouraged Ronaldo, who would go on to become the club’s all-time top goalscorer, to reconsider his free-kick technique following a poor run of form from dead-ball situations.In a recent interview, however, the 59-year-old denied that he tried to tell the Portuguese superstar how to take free-kicks, but did admit that he went over footage of the Portugal captain’s incredible set-piece goals from his time at Manchester United with the talisman.“That’s a lie. At no time did I tell him how he had to take them,” Benitez told Marca.“The only conversation I had with Cristiano about free-kicks was in Australia, during pre-season. Read Also: Stroke: Ronaldo confirms his mum is stable in hospital“I told him we had analysed, together with my goalkeeper coach, the free-kicks he took when he was at Manchester United and the trajectory of the ball in relation to the position of the wall.“Our idea then, as Liverpool coaches, was to try to counter their (United’s) free-kicks. But that’s it. At no time, as coach of Madrid, did I tell Ronaldo how free-kicks should be taken.”Ronaldo scored 25 goals and assisted a further eight strikes in 24 games under Benitez at Real.FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Loading… After previously being accused of trying to tell Cristiano Ronaldo how to take free-kicks, former Real Madrid manager Rafael Benitez has now hit back at the claims.Advertisement
Leicester have completed the signing of Gokhan Inler from Napoli. Press Association The midfielder has signed a three-year deal at the King Power Stadium to become the Foxes’ sixth signing of the summer. Boss Claudio Ranieri has been chasing a new midfielder after failing to persuade Esteban Cambiasso to stay at the club and has now snapped up Switzerland international Inler. Ranieri has already signed N’Golo Kante from Caen to beef up his midfield options and Inler joins for an undisclosed fee ahead of Saturday’s Barclays Premier League visit of Tottenham. The Foxes have won both of their opening games under Ranieri, beating Sunderland and West Ham, to sit joint top of the table. Ranieri had been tight-lipped over his transfer plans but did confirm he wanted another midfielder. Asked about transfers last week, Ranieri said: “One more. A midfielder. I think one is enough. Of course, if two arrive then I’m happy.” I nler joined Napoli from Udinese in 2011 and played for Switzerland and Turkey at Under-21 level before he opted to represent the Swiss and has won 84 caps. Inler told Foxes Player: “I’m very happy and proud to play here because we’ve been in discussions for a long time. I’ve spoken with the manager and I’m very happy to be here because it’s a nice team. I’ve watched them lots of times and I like them. “The manager was important for me, also the director Jon Rudkin and the owners. For me the whole package was very positive because they wanted me and now I’ll give everything. “For me it was not so easy because I had many, many teams [chasing me] but in the end I decided with my heart and I came to Leicester City.”